Speech Therapy Services, P.C. provides evaluations and therapies for communication and swallowing disorders for adults, including speech, language, swallowing, cognitive communication, social communication, pragmatics, auditory processing, fluency (stuttering), voice disorders, and training for use of alternative/augmentative communication (AAC) devices.
We provide services for:
- Dysarthria – decreased ability to produce speech sounds due to muscle weakness or dis-coordination impacting intelligibility.
- Apraxia – decreased ability to produce speech sounds when there is an inability or compromised ability to execute the motor movements.
- Voice Disorders – harsh, hoarse, raspy voice quality as the result of overuse/abuse, nodules, or degenerative diseases
- Language delay/disorders – decreased ability to express ideas or understand the speech of others.
- Neurogenic Disorders – Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Aphasia, Apraxia, Dysarthria, Parkinson’s, ALS, Guillain Barre, etc.
- Fluency/Stuttering – decreased ability to produce fluent speech.
- Auditory Processing Disorders – decreased ability to process/understand speech and language.
- Aural Rehabilitation – Treatment focuses on improving communication abilities of Adults with hearing loss – Hearing Aids and/or Cochlear Implants.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication Therapy- therapy focuses on providing supplements (pictures, sign language, communication devices) to speech to aide in expressing wants, thoughts and needs.
- Feeding and Swallowing Therapy- therapy focuses on improving swallowing function and overall safety during mealtime.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with or are suffering from any of the above, Speech Therapy Services, P.C. can help. Contact us at 229-246-4088 for information on how to set up an evaluation.